Saturday, June 30, 2012

40 years!!!

This is a busy week for my family - of course we have Independence Day - but we also have two birthdays and an anniversary!  My parents will be celebrating their 40th anniversary one week from today.  I am so blessed to come from a great family.  It is with great pride that I share my parents' anniversary.  They've been such good examples to my brothers and me.  In today's society, divorce is so common and well - easy - or so it appears.  I've not yet been married for 3 years.  We will celebrate the big 3 later this summer.  My husband and I talked in depth about divorce and making this something that will last through thick and thin before we tied the knot.  It's very important to both us, and I find it very encouraging to see my parents still going strong after 40 years.  They are a true inspiration!  Anyway, here's my card for them:
simple & cute - I like it like that!  The blue/greens match better in real life!  The crinkle ribbon I picked up at Pink by Design.  The paper is from Martha Stewart - Elegant paper pad.  The flower and pearls are recollections.
The dove, heart, glasses and sentiment are all cut from Sweethearts cricut cartridge.

That's all for today!  I hope you like my simple card!  I hope my parents do too!  :)  Thanks for stopping by!  I think it is safe to say, I'll have some birthday cards to share soon!  Happy Crafting!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment